This website is owned by Aluminium Bahrain B.S.C. (Alba). Alba, a company incorporated in the Kingdom of Bahrain with offices and associated entities across the world is committed to preserve data confidentiality and integrity, as well as to respect the privacy of its customers and associated persons - its employees, suppliers, service providers and other individuals whose personal information we collect and process. This includes being transparent about the nature and extent of that processing and the rights that may be available to you.
We collect and use personal information to carry out a business which mainly provides Aluminium Product Sales and Services. Any other activities and processing are to support this primary aim. Our purposes and lawful grounds for processing your personal information (‘Information’) vary, depending on our relationship with you and on the activity in question. Alba does not use your information for other purposes except as stated herein. This statement describes the measures Alba takes to ensure your privacy is not infringed due to our collection and use of such information. It will allow you to be familiar of what information we collect, for what purposes we use it, to whom we disclose it, and what rights you have to limit its use.
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice will be posted on this page; therefore, we recommend that you consult it regularly.
Collection and use of Information
What Information does Alba collect?
Through our website, we collect the following categories of Information:
- Identity: Name, Company Name, Company Registration data, Username and Password, Residential Address, Date of Birth, Religion, Nationality, Passport & CPR Number, Marital Status, Family Members and Relatives Data, Resume Data, Education & Work History.
- Contact: Email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Technical and usage: Your equipment data, connection data, IP Address, browsing actions and Patterns, Login Data, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and version, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices used to access our website, receipt and clicks on emails sent from Alba’s automated email system.
- Marketing and communications: Your communication preferences via Albayan and/or your preferences on whether to receive marketing from us.
- Interests and engagement: Information of our past interactions with you, your interests, preferences, and feedback.
- Service History: Information about products you have requested and/or purchased from us.
- Any other data you give us: Any personal or sensitive information you give us through direct interaction with us through our Portals.
How does Alba collect this information?
Alba collects this information through your direct interactions on the website from the use of Portals for Vendor Registration, Customers E-Track, Subscriptions & Mailing List, Contact Us and Feedback, Careers E-Portal including Application Form and the CV you post and if you contact us through social media and through your interactions on the website by using automated technologies such as Cookies, Server Logs and Email-Tracking Technologies. Alba may also collect your technical data from third party service providers such as Google Analytics.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Cookies are simple text files that websites use to carry out technical functions and are stored on your device. On this website, cookies are used to see whether you are a new or returning visitor, count the number of visitors, to store preferences and enable responses.
Alba uses the following tracking technology to collect your information through emails in the following ways when you have requested, registered or applied on the E-Portals or subscribed to our mailing list:
- Email: When you open an email by downloading the image or click a link for Registration & Application Confirmation, Careers or Password Reset , a tracking code is sent where such activity is logged on our database.
- Unsubscribe: If you click unsubscribe, this information is automatically logged on to our database. If you unsubscribe from receiving the Albayan updates, we will continue to store your Information on a 'marketing unsubscribed list' to ensure that we respect your request.
How will we use your information and on what lawful basis?
Alba processes this information strictly for the purpose it was collected, which is necessary for Alba’s legitimate interests such as
- To administer and protect our business and website including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data for effective running of the business and provision of IT services and network security.
- To process for audit and insurance purposes or to administer claims on our own behalf.
- To respond to enquiries from you. This could be related to provide responses or develop business relationships, or to provide you with subscribed company ('Albayan') updates, or to update our records.
- To recruit you, to conduct necessary checks, to apply for permits, to administer legal claims, to improve the administration for HR and Business for the continued excellent services and substantial public interest against dishonesty, for effective HR and business administration and to ensure compliance with the Health, Safety and Occupation and Labour Laws.
- To use data analytics to improve our website, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences for an up-to-date and relevant website experience and business development.
In specific circumstances, Alba will process your Information to comply with a relevant law/regulation or to fulfill our Legal obligations.
Who will we share it with?
We will not share your information with anyone except Third-party Website Service Providers such as Google Analytics and SAP Ariba Management and Third-party Officials as required by law for the purposes described above.
To prevent unauthorised access, distortion or disclosure of your information, Alba has put in place appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures. All data is managed and maintained in secure data centres, which follow the industry’s best security practices.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Under no circumstances shall Alba have any liability to any users of this website for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of this website. Your use of this website and your reliance on any information available on it is solely at your own risk. Alba is not liable for viruses that may infect computers or any smart devices including, but not limited to, desktops, laptops, tablets, smart TVs or mobile devices accessing this website. Furthermore, Alba is not responsible for damages due to any forms of electronic communications tampering including, but not limited to, intercepted communications, man-in-the middle-attacks, DNS redirects, or the use of this website in phishing emails. Once Alba has received your information, it uses strict procedures and security features to try to keep it safe. Where you are using Alba IT services and have been given (or you have chosen) a password to access certain parts of Alba’s website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone.
Data Retention and Disclosure
Alba keeps your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect and continue to process it, and to satisfy any legal, accounting, audit or reporting requirements. Alba reserves its right to disclose information of its website users to adhere to the provisions of a law, to ensure its defense in the event of legal action, or to protect its rights or those of site users. Alba will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your electronically stored Information to you either directly or by posting a clear notice on our website without undue delay.
The Information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the Kingdom of Bahrain as it may be processed by our international network of offices, or by our service providers when they are located outside the Kingdom of Bahrain. In the event of Information transfer to third parties outside the Kingdom of Bahrain that has not been deemed to have ‘adequate’ protection, Alba complies with the legal and regulatory provisions in force regarding such transfers and ensures an adequate level of protection for the Information transferred, based on the solutions imposed by the Authority such as the standard contractual clauses.
Links to External Files and Websites
The Alba website contains links to external files and websites for convenience only, and is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with the link or their organization. Alba does not exercise control over third party files or websites. Other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. They follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. Alba recommends that you read the privacy statements of the other websites you visit to understand how the information collected will be used.
Where applicable we respect your data protection rights, including request access to information, rectification, deletion or erasure of your Information, withdraw your consent to the processing of your Information, opt out from receiving Marketing messages or Company updates and to object to our use of your Information. You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us below with a clear statement on which right you seek to enforce, a description of the Information or type of Information in question and details confirming your identity.
No fee is usually required to access your Information or to exercise any of the other rights. However, in circumstances where your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, we may refuse to comply with your request.
We aim to respond to all legitimate privacy related requests within ten working days of receipt of the request. Occasionally, it may take us longer than this if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you have a privacy concern or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us via email: email@example.com
Last updated: November 2021